Friday, May 8, 2009

If I Was A Man, I'd Be A Drag Queen




It's no secret that Miami is one of the cities gays flock to. Over the years I have befriended many a gay, called some of them my closest friends, and have even been dubbed a hag. The latter is a title that I wear proudly as I most definitely prefer it to "beard."

So what brings me to write this new post? I was dubbed a drag queen.
I think all the ladies out there can agree with me that we all have our days that we wish we were born men. And if you say you don't, I don't believe you. This past week my friend, gay of course, and I were having this conversation. I told him that if I were to chose who I would come back as in another life, it would be a gay man. He laughed in my face and said that I would be a drag queen.

Apparently, I have the attitude of a drag queen. Now, when I think of a drag queen I think "diva!" I mean, over the top, larger than life, showstopping, queen B attitude is how I'd describe drag queens. Am I wrong? I am not going to pretend to be a weak woman, or to not be stubborn but I sometimes WISH I had some of those qualities because I feel I'm so far from it.

Thank you, Miss Beyonce for trying to turn this "diva" thing into something positive, but I still don't see myself as a "female version of a hustler" either.

My friend guarantees me that he meant it as a compliment and I just have to convince myself of that.


So, on that note, "Where's my Perrier? This water is more flat than Miley Cyrus!"
**Bows and Exits Stage Left










1 comment:

  1. lmao love it
    you are a very strong woman! definitely larger than life and ive seen you in diva mode!!
    embrace who you are!! lol
    =)

    ReplyDelete