Friday, June 19, 2009

All Smiles

The day has finally come (and now gone)! I am officially done with my undergraduate work! The second I walked out of that last exam I was all smiles. I almost couldn't believe it. I actually got a little choked up as I was walking to the parking garage but I knew I had phone calls to make. After a brief call to my mom I started sending out a mass text message so that the world would know the wonderful news.

This has been an amazing weekend so far. Right after I left campus I went home, packed my bag and came to the hotel I rented at Coconut Grove. After a short period of fear (the 5 hour energy drinks I'd had for my last all-nighter were giving me palpitations) I shrieked! I had never seen a bathtub so huge! Definitely made for 2 (maybe 3) people. After a shower and a nap I headed out to Cheesecake Factory with a friend and had quite an amazing meal. The hostess, with whom I am friends with, sent us over a cheesecake that said "Congrats Grad!" It was so cute and thoughtful.

The night progressed and we headed out to the bar right across the way and had a few drinks. After seeing way too many skanky women girating in ways that REALLY should not be done in public we decided to move on. Off to dance! This was the first time I'd ever actually seen one of my friends dance so I was very proud of him!

After sleeping in these awesome beds we headed out for the best breakfast I've had in a long time. Truly delicious! Unfortunately, I had to head out to work for a bit so I wasn't able to shop around. Or so I thought; right when I get to work I'm told I can go home. You don't have to tell me twice! I headed home to pick up my camera and to the liquor store for "supplies."

Arriving back at the hotel, I took a moment to just relax. Watched some tv, had a drink, took a shower and then headed out with a friend to go get massages. We were so hungry though, that we stopped for pizza and it ended up being too late for our appointment. We had to reschedule it for tomorrow which is actually perfect because we plan to go out tonight.

And now here I am, blogging away, contemplating taking a quick nap before I get ready to go out to dinner with a (surprisingly large) group of friends. I wonder if we should go back to the place we had breakfast? Hmmm....

Ok, nap time!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have to say I miss my undergraduate school like nothing else but maybe graduate school now eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, congratulations on graduation!

    I must admit, I've spent a little time at Cheesecake Factory and I wasn't OVERLY impressed. But the sheer variety was something to behold, certainly.

    'American cheesecake is the best in the world' is one of those few facts that are only true while you're an American... :)

    ReplyDelete