Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fourth of July

So, I've been lacking a bit on the blog writing but at least I have a good reason. Besides getting caught up with work, having a crappy internet connection at home, and the need to really sit down and think before I write- I've had fun!

This past weekend we "kidnapped" a friend and took her to Disney. There's just something about Disney that makes me happy. Even at 9pm when the fireworks are over, my ankles are swollen, and my feet feel like they're on fire, I wanna come back the next day. We went to EPCOT which was great since I had never actually finished the park. It really served to show me that in another life or at some crazy point in my life I want to pack everything I need in one suitcase and try to live in Italy. Even the fake Disney Italy makes me happy. The thought of learning just enough Italian to get by and finding a job and a place to live somehow sounds more like an adventure than something scary. If I wasn't already in debt, I'd do it.

Wow, I just realized what I wrote. A blog I follow (and one I recommend if you've ever been in a relationship, faced hard times, or been a woman) TudorCityGirl, wrote something in response to the statement I just made. I can't say that I've read every post as she has been blogging for much longer but if I'm not mistaken, she has a life coach. The last bits of wisdom she got from the life coach and shared with her readers was to "do everything to live your best life." Coach also shared common excuses that people use to avoid doing so, my previous comment was one of them. Either way the responsible, numbers-loving adult in me won't let me do this until I'm more financially stable.

Lovely little tangent, wasn't that? The real reason for this post was that it is finally July and the 4th is just around the corner! Can you believe it? It feels like this year is both going by too quick and dragging on at the same time. Does that make sense to anyone else?

For most people, Valentine's Day is the day that they usually long for a companion. I, on the other hand, get this feeling around the Fourth of July. Maybe it was that one year with my first serious boyfriend that has had me spoiled and finding fireworks romantic. We went out to Bayside, and even though it was ridiculously hot and there were about 300 people surrounding us, for a brief moment, we were the only ones there. That he had the courage for all that PDA in front of my family no less, really impressed me. Wow, that was so corny! If Mel still reads my blog she'll gag a little. Sorry!

I think I'm going to cut this post short before I get out of hand. Anyone in need of a date this weekend? Lol, just kidding!

2 comments:

  1. Two 4ths ago, I ended up making out with a random Australian guy under the fireworks on the National Mall.

    I guess Independence Day really is romantic... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't gag... I actually thought it was cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete