Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Oui Mom, You're Right.

Mothers just have a way about them. I don't think anyone can explain, not even they can. It's like they acquire all this insight and knowledge just by having their kids and of course want to bestow it upon them whether they like it or not. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I think I've finally reached that age when I'm going to take some of that advice.

After one of these lovely heart to hearts with the maman, I'll be taking 3 more classes next year. Luckily they're classes that I'm pretty excited about- French! I took French many, many moons ago and vaguely remember how to count and to identify colors but it's something I've been wanting to do for a while.

The way I see it, this is a win-win situation: I get to boost my GPA with the 10 credits because let's get real, I'm not taking any other classes, how can I not do well? And I get to scratch "learn another language" off of my Bucket List.

In other news, I've been trying to watch Lawrence of Arabia for days now. Between working 50+ hours a week, and pretty much doing nothing other than sleeping and eating while at home, I can't seem to stay awake. I don't think people should be allowed to make 4 hour long movies. Seriously, we complained about Titanic and Benjamin Button, but this one takes the cake!

I also finally decided that I would go through with buying the book, 1000 Places to See In The US and Canada Before You Die. I have mixed feelings about it. Realistically, the best thing for me to do is to start working through th Florida list, and that's just what I've been doing. Let me be honest, folks- I could have died without seeing most of these places. Some of them are almost completely uneventful trips. But they're trips nonetheless and I'm enjoying making my way through it. My next stop? Chicago!

Booked a Spirit flight for $47 roundtrip taxes included and am taking off in September with some friends to explore the Windy City. I've always had a not-so-secret crush on the city of Chicago so I cannot wait! More on that to come.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to leave you a note because I really enjoyed this post, and to say - hello !. You have a great site here - really interesting. Thankyou for sharing it and best wishes... lovely to meet you, as it were....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats cool about the extra classes, I think you'll enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete